Friday, January 16, 2009

Legislative session

It's that time of year again. It's time for our elected officials to waste time and money up at the capitol. Oh wait, I should say it's time for them to make more rediculous laws to take away more of our rights. Oh, still not good enough. Ok, it's time for our elected officials to get together and congratulate each other on how great they are.

I got to spend my morning up at the capitol listening to some Reps and Senators talk around in circles and decide more things that affect my life. They were discussing a rule change to the Charter schools that was discussed 4 years ago with no resolution. They voted on having it then discussed by more Reps and Senators. Yes, I sometimes wonder how some things get done. If you ever want to, watch their sessions online on the last day of sessions. They go really fast but if you go to any meetings before hand, they can't seem to remember what it is they're trying to do.

If you can tell, I'm a little upset about the whole process. I would run for an elected office but I'm afraid then I'd have to sit there and listen to this stuff every day. I guess I'll just stick with the grassroots movements for now.

I'm sure you will be hearing about more trips to the capital because I think they're going to mess with my homebirthing stuff. They really just feel they need to protect us from ourselves.

No comments: