Monkey was just like his mom. Always near the fire.
This is the work of my new little camera. It's like he is an angel.
Frog's new trick. She thinks its fun to bang her head on yours. As you can see with Ryan bracing himself, it's not actually fun.
The wildlife
Getting ready for a hike, I of course did not go on. Don't they look cool?
The boys all ready to go.
The hike.
Licorice. Need I say more?
I'm not sure what they were doing but they weren't crying!
This is how you get a 5 year old on an island without him soaking himself. I'm not saying he didn't soak himself. Our campsite was by a river and when you get this kid near any sort of dirt or water, there's no turning back.
Hours of fun! Something about throwing rocks in water is just oh so entertaining.
3 comments:
My older two are with their grandparents this very minute on the way to go camping. This is the easiest way to camp -- Mom stays home!!
Actually, I LOVE camping, but I agree -- it is SO much more work with kids. It's really not at all relaxing at all. With my kids, if they stay in the campsite, they're trying to play with the fire, axes, knives, matches, etc. Otherwise I'm chasing after them making sure they don't jump off a cliff or something.
Last year I went camping with the kids (no husband for part of the time because of his work schedule), and it was actually really easy. M was only 11-12 months old, so he couldn't run yet, and he was content to stay in the mei tai for 5 hours (and my back could handle it easier). This year, he runs, he's very strong, and he doesn't like staying in the mei tai QUITE that long.
We went to a cabin a few weeks ago, and my dad and I are taking all 3 kids tent camping at Jordanelle in a few weeks. I hope I survive :-)
Oh Come on, camping is fun!!! I love all the cute pictures.
yes, camping was fun with the 7 and 5 year old. Not so much with the 21 month old.
Post a Comment