I have always been a pretty honest person. I never realized this trait was so weird. Maybe the trait of being honest isn't what is weird, maybe its because I'm too blunt, outspoken, whichever word you like.
I got together with a friend of mine who was my young woman leader when I was in my teens. She informed me that she was warned about me by my primary teachers. 'Oh, good luck with her. I had her in primary'. She said I was fine, but I informed her it was because I liked her. Yes, I've always been pretty honest in my feelings for people. I'm a horrible faker and just can't lie to you. I've had a few people recently tell me how weird that is.
Is it really that weird to be honest with those around you? Or maybe I should change my word to blunt. Ryan actually informed me that I like to rock the boat on purpose. Who, me? I would never do that! OK, I would. I like to get things out in the open and then we can discuss our feelings.
3 comments:
I absolutely prefer being blunt and getting things out in the open. Sometimes it's weird, sometimes it's embarrassing, and sometimes it's awesome. But it's almost always better than dancing around the issues or guessing what is going on.
I am exactly the same way. I don't hide my feelings. I don't see the purpose in lying. The thing I'm having a hard time with, is teaching this to Aiden. I want him to know he can tell me the truth. Because he will get into more trouble if I found he was lying. It's proven to be a difficult lesson.
I like like how you are honest and open about everything. I think it is a good thing. I don't think it is weird at all. Stay the person you and that is why I am sure you have great trust in your friends and people you know.
Post a Comment