I never did come back and say how my races went. I ran the 5k for the Salt Lake Marathon and the 5k for the Ogden marathon. Before the Ogden, Ryan got me a garmin for an early birthday present and I'm really glad he did because when I was running, I was able to see I started way too fast and was able to slow it down. I also learned that eating a bagel with cream cheese before is just not enough! I seriously had lost all my energy by mile 2.
For the Salt Lake 5k, I did it in 33.47. I was hoping I'd beat 34 and I did it, even with half of it up hill which I never trained on. The Ogden one was downhill and I walked way more than I wanted but I did it in 32.15. I was actually kind of mad at myself that I didn't at least get 32 even, which I totally could have done but I wimped out.
My goal for an eventual time is to get a 5k in 20 minutes. It's crazy but I know if I keep this up, I will do it! Ryan has also caught the race bug and of course can do it in 27 minutes because he's a man and is all around awesome! I signed him up for 2 10ks and his goal is to be under an hour and he can totally do it, easy.
I've also signed up for a Ragnar in October. I'm really nervous about the whole running 3 times. When do I sleep? How do I eat? I have to have enough calories before the run or I run them all off and don't have any energy. I am psyched to get the sticker on the van. Yep, that's why I'm running it. I want the sticker :-) I figure I'll never run a marathon, so I want this sticker.
Any advice on training? What do I do for energy? I know I don't like Gatorade. I've only heard yucky things about the gels.
I have loved how running has made me feel. I may not be losing weight but at least I have energy and actually get less ornery with the kids. It's kind of a nice feeling.
3 comments:
Go Mar! That is exciting. I want to run a Ragnar race but don't know if I am brave enough. I would have to do some serious training. You will do awesome!
I seriously can't wait to get back to Utah to run the Ragnar. I want the sticker, too. Really the only reason I run these things is for the cool stuff they give you :)
The gel isn't THAT awful. I chug mine down with water. But it seriously helps. I can't eat before I run, or I get all cramped and sick to my stomach. So those gels are my bff's when I run in a race.
Post a Comment