Sunday, March 4, 2012

Problem solvers

I have learned recently that there seem to be 2 types of people when it comes to solving problems. Those who don't want to talk about it and hopes it goes away. Or, they want to talk through the problem and figure out how to resolve it. The negative terms for these are sweeping it under the rug or being confrontational.

I am one of those people where if I have a problem, I want to fix it. I want to analyze it, figure out what went wrong, how I can make it better and just fix it. I have been dealing with a few people who are a sweep it under the rug. They don't even want to give you any sort of opportunity to make it better. They figure they're good. This has resulted in losing friends or just having really awkward moments because nothing has gotten resolved.

Some very smart people around me have told me that this is just how some people are. No matter what my intentions are, I can't force people to like me, be my friend or even want to resolve the issue.

My problem with this is I am a people pleaser. I want to include everyone and make everyone happy! I want people to like me because I think I'm a nice enough person. I'm not judgmental, I'm pretty open to talking about whatever but my biggest downfall is that I'm blunt. I offend people when I open my mouth and voice my opinion. I will not change this and tht is what has brought me to where I started. I have to accept that not everyone deals with problems the way I do, and I have to be ok with it or it will just drive me crazy trying to figure what I did wrong and what I need to do to solve the problem.

Do you have experience with this and know of ways to deal with it?

No comments: