Friday, June 26, 2009

The house

Here are the pictures of the house, as is. We aren't quite done unpacking, so there are still boxes everywhere. I'm sure you will get to see it looking better when I post later pictures.


The kitchen. See, not very many cupboards, at least not as many as I had before. I'm beginning to understand why people think they need bigger houses. I don't need a bigger sized house, I just need more storage! Oh well, that's why we're renting.

The dining area. The corner shelf there is all the appliances we use. I wanted it to be my pantry but Ryan did not like the idea of everyone seeing our food, so instead they get to see our pans and appliances.

The front room. Bad picture, but you get the idea. Boxes.

Master bedroom. Even more boxes.

Frog's room. No boxes :) We thought it would be a good idea to at least put the kids rooms together so when they go to sleep we can put everything else together without waking them up.

The boys room. We thought about not setting up the bunk beds, but the room is too small for that. Do you know how hard it is to make the bed on the top bunk?

The play room. I thought it was better to put all the kids toys in this room instead of having it be a living room for us. This way the baby can be asleep upstairs and the other kids can still play. Oh yea, and their rooms aren't big enough for all the toys. My workout stuff and computer are here too.

The most important part of the entire package! The garden. I'm so excited to finally have one of my very own. I asked my dad to come help me get it started. It wasn't all cut up, so he used his shovel to dig up where I could plant. I have strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash and pumpkins,

When we moved in, I went out to the garden and found a bunch of strawberry plants. My dad was able to replant them so they could breath and get big.

My first tomato.

This is where a playground will be put in. I'm hoping it comes soon. My kids don't seem to know what to do with a house. They just stay inside all the time.

The whole side of the lawn where the garden is. My wonderful friend gave us this table and benches. She is also doing Dave Ramsey's plan and knows we need to not buy things so we can pay our debt off. She also got me my tomato plants and took care of them until we moved.

12 comments:

Rachel said...

Yeah! Looks like tons more space though! And a yard and garden- so exciting!

Henderson Family said...

It looks so great!!! Way to be committed to the Ramsey plan. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Dave and Liz said...

Looks good... I bet you are loving it. I got to plant a garden too this year... I was way excited. you will love the room...

Candice said...

It looks so nice! :) Hey, are those the bunkbeds from your parents? They look familiar. Our boys used them for a little while. :)

Marly said...

yes, they are :) I keep thinking I need to get my dad to make me some more for the other two.
I used those beds too.

Allreds said...

cute house, Looks really nice. Hope the ward is good for you. When are you due Marly, I can't believe your already 7 months.

R and N said...

Hey looks great! I am glad your move went well and that you are unpacking. Enjoy the space.

Kelly said...

Maybe having a bed on the top bunk is why I don't make my bed now that I'm older. Yes, I'm going to blame the top bunk.

Katie said...

I am so jealous!! We have agreed that since we are apparently not going to be able to buy a house anytime soon, we WILL at least rent a house within the next year.

Katie said...

I just realized your family picture in the side bar really freaks me out. GET OFF THE TRACKS!!!!

Marly said...

oh, come on. You have to teach them when they're young ;)

Ramon said...

So when are you inviting me over for dinner? I know, I'm a crappy friend so I don't deserve a dinner invite. Looks like though you have more space, it is going to be too easy to just fill it up again.