Thursday, June 25, 2009

moving

We made the big move last weekend. Ryan started packing two weeks before so we had stacks of boxes in the apartment. Ryan went to pick up the u-haul and the first thing he said when he came back was, "It looked bigger on the website." It was a lot of work to stuff every thing in; luckily we had my family and some of the elders quorum here to help. Including our Home Teacher who is a champion packer and able to find a place for just about everything (the rest went in to My Father-in-laws pick-up. My great friend and mom cleaned the back of the apartment while the truck was being loaded.

Ryan brought the truck to the house where his family helped unload; while my mom and I stayed at the apartment and had the relief society come and clean the rest. I felt kind of useless just watching them do it but there's no way I could have done it trying to pack the pantry wiped my 7 months pregnant body out. I know, just making excuses.

Here are pictures of the apartment with all the boxes in it. Included is a picture of the truck stuffed full (I was Impressed).


Ryan thought it might be a good idea to pack the kids.

Dining room

living room

kitchen. Notice those cupboards. One of the downsides of the new house: hardly any cupboard space.

Master bedroom

Frogs bed and all the baby clothes. Yes, this is how we lived.

Master closet. Another thing I will miss. This thing was almost another room.

Boys bedroom

Oh yea, did I mention? It rained the entire day. There were a few breaks, but mostly it just rained.

The truck with everything smashed in. Our helpers didn't want to be in the picture.

3 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Good luck with it all. How's your pregnancy treating you?

Marly said...

hmm, not too bad. I'm starting to swell and I had to take my rings off today. i tried to help with packing but started having a lot of braxton hicks, so I stopped helping.

Janalyn and Rob said...

Way to plan!! Be pregnant when it's time to move and everyone else will have to do it for you...I will definitely have to remember that!! :)

Don't over do it...