Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Little Bronson and more ramblings

I just wanted to update anyone who started following this families plight. Little Bronson is awake! Seriously, how awesome is that?!

By the way, I know I've been posting a lot lately. I guess I figured I had more to say. Oh and I'm trying to get my background better. I hate how narrow it is but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it wider. I also decided to give my kids nicknames. You can see off to the left what they are. I'm trying to do a few more safety things, so stay with me on this one.

Also, if you're a blog stalker, now's as good a time any to come out and say hi :) and give me some recommendations on how to make my blog prettier. Oh wait, not pretty as in froofy. Pretty as in, nicer to look at, or better looking. I'm not a flowers and frill kind of gal!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I like how it looks today. It is kind of skinny, but I'm not sure you can change that. All the blogs I read are like that.

Natalie and Ryan said...

Your blog looks good. It fits your personality. Don't worry about changing it. You can change the color instead of gray if you don't like that.

Amateur Steph said...

Okay, here's how you change the wideness, go to Customize Blog, Layout Tab, Edit HTML scroll down the template until you see

#outer-wrapper {
background-image:url(http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh93/schambs/Whiteforblog.jpg);background-repeat:repeat-xy;
width: 1020px;

My width (the 1020 px) is where I changed the total background width and my "main wrapper width" is where I change how wide the white part is.
I set my main wrapper to 550 px, and my sidebar wrapper to 200 px.

Most people's screens are 1024x768 (according to Wikipedia), so you don't want to make it too much wider because then people with smaller monitors won't be able to read it easily.
Good luck. You can email me or facebook me with questions or come over some time. Really.