Monday, June 21, 2010

Unique

I'd like to think My kids and I are unique. There are things we do that of course we're the only one's who do them.

I've started transferring peoples video's to DVD's and realized some of the things I thought were unique are in fact not. You know, those cute things that your 2 year old does, like sing "Jesus wants me for a sunbeep!" (the correct word being sunbeam) umm, yea a lot of 2 years olds sing it that way. And oh yea, that phenomenon where your kid is doing the cutest thing and you turn your camera on and they stop.

Then there's the 7 year old who you ask to do something with them looking directly into your eyes and they do nothing until you start counting backwards and all of a sudden they start running around like a chicken with its head cut off wondering why you're counting and what they're supposed to do.

Another unique thing about me is my nickname I have for my kids, Love. I thought I was being different. Nope, not different on that one either.

I'm sure we still have some uniqueness in us but it's actually comforting to see that even with our judgments of someone on the outside, we really are the same and going through a lot of the same things. I'll bet I have more in common with you than you think.

2 comments:

Brittney said...

for sure.

Katie said...

Thinking this way has made a huge difference for me in allowing me to be friends with more people. When I had my first son, I was deeply entrenched in the AP/NFL world. I figured that if other parents didn't parent the way I did, I really couldn't be friends with them. There are still a couple of biggies that really bother me, but for the most part I can find things in common with anyone.