You know those people who are always searching for compliments? The ones who just talk about how bad and horrible their life is or how fat and ugly they are and they just want you to tell them how wonderful, beautiful, and skinny they are? Well, I've never been one of those people. I guess I'd rather you tell me how to fix the problem than how what I'm already doing is good enough. Mostly because I wouldn't bring it up if I didn't want advice.
I think I've become one of those people. I have started running and I report every couple weeks on my facebook. I want people to tell me how awesome I am and how if I just keep going I can get even more awesome! Maybe this is bad, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to quit. I like being told how awesome I'm doing, mostly because I want to quit. Running is hard! I can't always catch my breath and I've had to slow my pace, my legs are tired, I usually end up with whining children who just want me to do something, I sweat like no other, and I'm doing all of this to myself on purpose!
I'm also able to carry my 2 younger children around without my arms wanting to fall off, I have avoided 2 different colds my children have all gotten, and I can actually run after my kids without losing my breath. I haven't lost any weight yet, which is frustrating but I'm learning and I'm not going to quit. I have to do this for all of us. I need to be healthy so I can be here for my husband and my kids. I mean I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to raise them by himself.
So I will continue begging for compliments on my facebook from some friends I haven't even seen since high school because if it makes me feel like I can get back on that treadmill more, I will do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment