I've gotten kind of serious about my eating and making sure I eat enough so I bought a book by Jillian Michaels, Making the cut. In the book she has a 30 day challenge. She lines up everything you should eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack. Her claim is that you can lose 20lbs in 30 days, which is ironically how much I need to lose.
So far we've done 2 days and I'm not as tired or ornery. I am actually getting the right amount of protein, carbs, fat, and calories. I'm also working on not eating as much sugar. Saturday night I was discussing with Ryan the internal diologue I have, daily. I had previously written everything I ate that day and was already at my optimum totals. My head hurt a little bit and I started telling myself
"If you eat, it will make your headache go away. That's what you need, food."
"No, you can't have any more food, you've already had enough for the day and you're not actually hungry!"
"But, I need it, It will help. Oooo, there are these yummy caramel apple treats in the freezer, just eat one of those. You need it!"
"No, I don't need to eat that. Sugar isn't going to help you. You're just going to feel worse!"
"But, I want it! I need it!"
"You don't need it! If you eat sugar now, you're going to tell Ryan again that you now feel sick and your headache is worse."
"But, I really want it!"
After telling him all of this argument I had, I said I'm pretty sure I know what your internal dialogue is. "I'm hungry, let's eat!" It's just not fair, and it's so frustrating to go through this almost every day and night. I know I don't need any more food and I'm not hungry but I NEED it!
Would you like to know who won? The logical side. I went down and had some water. I let the water make me feel a little more full and Ryan had some ice cream. How is that for sweet rewards? ;-)
2 comments:
Good for you for staying strong!!! It is crazy, but it is truly an addiction. Its what really makes it SOOO hard, but it does get better. I've finally just started AGAIN and it honestly scary knowing you'll go through "withdrawals"!! Hang in there, you can do it, and just think of how amazing it will feel to accomplish that goal!! Also, with any addiction, don't forget you can always pray for help!
The first 2 weeks are the hardest- major sugar withdrawals (which manifested in me as grumpiness!) but you're right you have a ton more energy and start wondering WHY you ate all that crap before if it made you feel so bloated and tired...good luck! (I dot eat like a saint anymore but I remember how it felt ;) I'm less strict now but still work out every day and don't overindulge as much a before...finding a happy medium)
Post a Comment