Sunday, November 9, 2008

Walking & Quitting


Frog is finally walking! I've been waiting for it because the boys walked at 11 and 11.5 months. I figured because she sat up at 5 months, crawled at 7 months and started pulling herself up about the same time, I really thought she would walk sooner. Yes, I know, she is only 12.5 months, but its just strange for me. She is very cute when she does it and she can't get up if she falls. She will crawl right back to us, pull herself up and start walking again.

There have been a few issues at Owl's school. I'm not exactly sure about all the details but our parent council all resigned because of issues with the Director. Like I said, I don't know all the details but I'm a little annoyed. We had this great idea for a box top push for this week where the class who brought in the most would be able to win prizes. Its not going to happen now. I think the committee I was on will try to do it another time, but we can't do it without our leadership. I don't understand why some people think the parent volunteers are useless.

Since I was on a roll quitting things, I figured I would also quit my wards playgroup. I have been sort of in charge of it, mostly because I wanted something and I figured I would quit talking about it and just plan it. I just kind of got tired of trying to think of days, times and places that would work. I'd really like to move into a ward where this is all done and I can just show up.

We're thinking we'll try to get a walking group in the morning, but really its a friend and I who thought we'd include everyone else. Hopefully we can find a way to get a key to the church because its just too cold to walk outside with the kids.

No comments: